- This event has passed.
Bike Wheaton Fest
August 11 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFREE
Join the Wheaton Bicycle Advisory Committee and the Downtown Wheaton Association for the 2018 Bike Wheaton Festival! There will be a bike parade, a bike rodeo, donate an old bike to Working Bikes and much more.
Kicking off with a family bike parade which starts at Memorial Park in Wheaton at 10:00 a.m. Decorate your bike for the parade! Prizes will be awarded to the most creative bikes. Followed by a bike rodeo for kids, live DJ and other cycling information booths.
- Bike Parade at 10:00am- all ages- meet at the corner of Wheaton Ave. and Karlskoga (by Memorial Park in Downtown Wheaton. This parade will be led by members of the Wheaton Police bike patrol and the DuPage County Sheriff’s Dept.. Enjoy a leisurely ride through the residential neighborhood surrounding the park (approx. 15 minutes). Parade ends in Memorial Park. Parade music provided by members of the Wheaton Municipal Band.
- Bike decorating contest at 10:30am- pick a theme or just have fun and bring your pre-decorated bike- ride in the parade and then stay for the contest- all ages welcome and families and groups are also included in the judging categories
- Park exhibitions promoting cycling lifestyle, bike safety, tune ups, yoga, bike clubs, cycling trails and a live DJ
- Bike Rodeo- hosted by the Wheaton Police Department- for children of all ages- go through the obstacle course and receive a special certificate!
- Group ride following the festival- led by members of the Wheaton Bicycle Advisory Committee
- Featuring Working Bikes – accepting bike donations- don’t need that old bike that’s been sitting in the garage all this time- bring it to Working Bikes!